I was arrested at 4 pm and taken to the women’s prison at 4 am during which I didn’t even get water to drink. The female police were surprised that I was taken
there at this time.
- I do not want to imagine the state you were in. I’m sure you were in a state of shock, horrified, and probably crying constantly.
- “Not at all”, she said. During that night, my mind went blank. I did not think of prison, what went on in the interrogation, or in my mum who did not know where
I am, and I was not allowed to call her either. I did not think about anything except my exam that was going to be held after two days.
- Shockingly, I said,”How come?”
- “Yes, I broke down after a few days. But at that night I couldn’t think of anything. It was like I was semi-conscious; half of me in a nightmare while the other
half is myself. Do you understand what I’m saying?” She said.
- I totally understand.
- Next day Captain Fareeda was surprised when I told her that I wanted to study for my exam. She was kind with me, probably because she pitied my young age. I
asked them to bring my books, and she provided me with a corner to study. Some of the female police officers are kind and merciful while others were aggressive and tend to humiliate
-Do you know they strip us naked whenever they take us to the interrogation, although we are with them?! They separate our legs and examine us shamelessly. If the
walls of the prison had the chance to speak up, they would have recited the atrocities taking place behind them.
Did you hear that, your Excellency?